If you are new to the Upper Arlington community, as either a resident or an employee at one of our local businesses, we want to welcome you. We hope this page and our Community Relations website as a whole, helps connect you with the resources, community groups and amenities that you are looking for. If we’ve missed anything, be sure to let us know – just send an email with your ideas and suggestions to [email protected].
Below are links to more information and phone numbers for the primary departments at the City of Upper Arlington.
- Main City #: 614-583-5000
- City Attorney’s Office: 614-583-5020
- City Council / City Clerk’s Office: 614-583-5030
- City Manager’s Office: 614-583-5040
- Community Development Department: 614-583-5070 (Planning, Building Inspections, Property Maintenance)
- Economic Development: 614-583-5040
- Engineering Division: 614-583-5360 (Road Construction, Storm Drainage, Sidewalks)
- Finance Department: 614-583-5291 (Tax Questions, Financial Reports)
- Fire Division: 614-583-5100
- Mayor’s Court: 614-583-5060
- Parks & Recreation Department: 614-583-5300
- Police Division: 614-583-5150
- Public Works Division: 614-583-5350 (Potholes, Leaf Collection, Snow Removal, Street Sweeping, Sewer & Stormwater)
- Solid Waste Services: 614-583-5370
- Senior Center: 614-583-5320
eNews updates from the City
The best way to be in the loop on what’s going on in the City is to register for our various enewsletters:
- City Insight – our weekly overview of what’s going on in the community, including seasonal City service highlights, community events, construction updates.
- Activity Link – this monthly update from UA Parks & Rec keeps you in the loop on upcoming recreation opportunities, department events, what’s going on in our parks and more.
- Senior Center Updates – monthly program updates from the UA Senior Center.
UA Insight Newsletter
Published six times a year, the UA Insight newsletter provides updates on programs, services, and news from the City of Upper Arlington, the Upper Arlington Schools, and the Upper Arlington Library. Electronic versions of the newsletter are archived on the City’s website. If you do not receive UA Insight at your residential address, let us know and we’ll make sure you are added to our list of addresses. Contact us at [email protected].
As a service to the community, the City of UA hosts a Community Calendar on its website. This calendar includes:
- Details of upcoming public meetings
- UA Parks & Rec events
- Community events hosted by outside entities
Click here to access the Community Calendar
The Community Relations Committee has developed an annual Observances Calendar that details notable national and religious holidays and observances, as a useful reference tool for the community when planning special events or public meetings. Click here to access the Observances Calendar.
UA Police Division
Police Non-Emergency Service: 614-459-2800
Police Administration: 614-583-5150
UA Fire Division
Fire Non-Emergency Service: 614-457-9700
Fire Administration: 614-583-5100
- Overview of Fire Division & Its Services
- UA CARES (Community Assistance, Referrals & Education Services – CARES is a paramedicine program that provides community-based healthcare support for residents (typically older adults) who need assistance with staying safe and independent in their homes.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Prevention & Safety Programs
Solid Waste Collection, Recycling & Other Waste Disposal Programs
- Service for Houses & Most Small Apartment Buildings
- Trash, recycling, yard waste and bulk items are all collected as part of the service provided by Local Waste Services.
- View our Solid Waste Services webpage for an overview of the program, including a map and details of your collection day, and holiday collection delays.
- Service for Large Apartment Complexes: Please contact your apartment management office for an overview of solid waste and recycling services, and for assistance.
- Accepted Recycling Items in Weekly Collection
- eWaste Guidelines & Drop-off Location
- Food Waste Collection / Composting Programs
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Options – details from the Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio
- Pharmaceutical Disposal Options – details from SWACO. The City of UA Police & Fire divisions participate in the spring and fall DEA National Drug Take-Back Day events, with a drop-off location at Station 72, 3861 Reed Road. The closest year-round drop-off alternative is the CVS Pharmacy located at Kingsdale Shopping Center.
Access contact information for area utility providers, including details of:
- City-provided Utilities:
- Sewer and Stormwater Services
- Solid Waste Services
- Details of the semi-annual Utility Bill (for the Stormwater Utility, Solid Waste, and in some cases, a Neighborhood Lighting Utility)
- The City’s Electric Aggregation Program (scheduled to begin January 2024)
- Other Utility Providers
- Electricity: AEP Ohio (service, reporting outages)
- Natural Gas: Columbia Gas of Ohio (service, reporting gas odors)
- Water: City of Columbus Division of Water (service, water main breaks & emergency)
- Useful Utility Contacts:
- Call Before You Dig (OUPS)
- Office of the Ohio Consumers’ Counsel (assistance with utility questions)
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio